Wednesday, November 6, 2013
On Monday, November 11, we celebrate Veterans Day to honor the men and women who have served our country. Like many Americans, we at Roosters have current and former military personnel in our immediate and extended families, and count lots of veterans among our friends. We are proud to support our active duty troops and those who have gone before them.
But, we're a comedy club, so we don't want to get too heavy, right? That's why we open our doors this week to all military personnel and veterans and invite them to get their laugh on!
Roosters is offering free admission to any Matt Kirshen show, Thursday November 7 through Sunday November 10 for all active duty, retired, or reserved military personnel, plus veterans of all branches and dependent spouses. Just call us for a reservation at 408.736.0921, and at the door show us your valid military ID, VA card, dog tags or other identifying item.
London born Matt Kirshen's precision wit has earned him an impressive reputation on the international comedy circuit. Most recently his appearances on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Paul Provenza’s Green Room, and as a finalist on NBC's Last Comic Standing has earned him a whole new host of fans in the United States and a surprising number of other countries worldwide.
His youthful looks disguise a veteran comic with almost a decade of experience, and a wealth of smart, funny and relate-able material. While it's his prime-time NBC appearances that most American comedy fans will recognize him from, they are often surprised at the breadth and scope of his material, described by one reviewer as "intelligent, but with the emphasis firmly on the funny."
Appearing along with Matt is featured performer Jason Resler, himself a well-decorated veteran of the U.S. Navy. If you ask him, "Seaman Resler" will tell you lots of great tales from his time in service!
Reservations are strongly encouraged, seating will be general admission, and as always our two-item minimum purchase per person applies. Also, we're 21 and over only, and we will need to see your "regular" ID if you look young. Sorry, no discounts through the online ticketing service; You'll have to call the club at 408.736.0921 to reserve your spot.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Laugh in the face of expiration dates...they mean nothing to us Friday November 1 through Sunday November 3 for any Adam Newman show.
Adam Newmanis a New Hampshire-born, Georgia-schooled, Brooklyn-based comedian who has appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman and John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show on Comedy Central. He was named one of Comedy Central's Comics to Watch, and performed as a "New Face" at the prestigious Just for Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal. His critically acclaimed debut stand-up CD, Not for Horses, was released by Rooftop Comedy. Adam's TV appearances include MTV's The CollegeHumor Show, various talking head shows on the TV Guide Network, the Tyra Banks Show (weird), and dozens of CollegeHumor Originals on CollegeHumor.com. Adam has also hosted original TV pilots for Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel. His own web series, My Dad is in a Boy Band, was featured on the Today Show. Adam hosts the popular BIG LONG SETS at NYC's Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, and Butt Talk, the world's #1 Number 2 podcast.
Also appearing: Sal Calanni and Daymon Ferguson.
|Headliner Adam Newman|
Want to see the Friday show but your coupon is valid only for Sunday? Who cares! Bring it in anyway. That's what amnesty is all about.
We'll take expired birthday passes, old +Groupon or Save Local vouchers, expired tickets, an Entertainment Book coupon from 2007, etc. We'll even take those super-old tickets from so long ago it was before the Rooster updated his image, i.e., back in the days of the top hat and spats! We'll also accept a Thursday ticket on a Saturday, or a pass for 10:30 at the 8pm or 9pm show, etc. Sorry, we don't take competitors coupons though, and expired Groupons or SaveLocal vouchers must not have been previously redeemed.
You have to call to make reservations; We don't accept coupons through the Web site. Just call 408.736.0921 to leave your reservation details.
Thanks and we'll see you at the show!
Sunday, September 8, 2013
We're excited to welcome new Groupon members to The Roost! Roosters was named Best Place to Laugh Till You Cry by the ABC7 Bay Area A-List three years in a row, so you're at the right place! Our Groupon deal is featured on the Groupon San Jose site Monday September 9 through Monday September 16, and on the Groupon San Francisco site Monday September 9 through Thursday September 12. We've got some fantastic shows coming up over the next few months sure to tickle your gizzard, so stock up on admission vouchers now!
Here's answers to some frequently asked questions:
- Roosters is in the fun business! We have a relaxed atmosphere and intimate showroom where you're never too far from the stage. Our dress code is casual but feel free to get dressed to the nines! Roosters is perfect for date night, birthday celebrations, bachelor/bachelorette parties or any other reason to get out of the coop. But no one really needs a reason to laugh, do they? They just need a laugh!
- We have hilarious pro shows Thursdays through Sundays with headliners seen on Leno, Letterman, Conan, Kimmel, Ferguson, Comedy Central, Last Comic Standing and more! Your Groupon is valid for any of those shows, unless it is a Special Event (see below). You can always find our calendar at www.RoosterTFeathers.com
- You must be 21 and over only, and we're strict about that. You'll need to have a valid government issued photo ID, like a drivers license, military ID, passport or CA ID if you are lucky enough to be young or look young!
- We have a two-item minimum purchase per person policy. That can be either food or drinks and it doesn't have to be alcohol. We have a full bar, a wide range of non-alcoholic beverages and a limited snack food menu. If you're looking to make an evening of it with a nice dinner before the show, there are plenty of nearby restaurants, including PF Changs, Chipotle, Pasta Pomodora and, now open across the street, Five Guys Burgers and Pizza My Heart, among others.
- Groupons are not valid for Special Events. Special Events are dates like New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day and specially-produced shows. Unlike other clubs, we don't make every weekend a Special Event just to keep you from using your Groupon! Right now none of the Thursday-Sunday shows on our calendar are considered Special Events. Any Special Event would be listed on our Web site, in-house calendar, outgoing voice message, etc. so it should be pretty obvious. Please note that since Groupon vouchers are valid Thursday through Sunday only, they are not valid on Tuesday or Wednesday, and therefore cannot be used for our New Talent Competition or Open Mic Nights.
- We have unlimited free parking. Parking is available on the street in front of the club, on the side streets, in the Goodyear Service Center lot (after 6pm), and in the Allario shopping center lot just across Murphy street from us.
- To redeem your Groupon, just call us at 408.736.0921 to make a reservation and mention the Groupon. (We don't need the Groupon number when you make your reservation.) You can find information about our upcoming shows on the Calendar on our Web site, but you can't redeem your Groupon there. Print it out and bring it in with you to hand in at the door, or if you have it on your smart phone app we can take a look at it that way too.
- It is General Admission seating with a Groupon, so that just means that the earlier you arrive for the show the more seating options will be available. Also, you need to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the show start time or you could lose your spot if we're sold out.
- You can connect with us on Facebook and Youtube (some videos there featuring the comics that perform at Roosters) and follow us on Twitter (username @RoosterTF) to find out more about the club, our shows, special promotions, comedy news and other fun stuff!
- We're fun and relaxed, but if your idea of fun is to come to a comedy show and talk loudly with your friends, heckle the comedians or just plain scowl, this is not the comedy club for you!